Welcome back to My Backyard Ice Rink!
mybackyardicerink.com Issue # 16 - October 2013
Win-a-Rink Video Contest!
Do you like the backyard ice rink in this picture? It could be yours...
Don't forget to enter our Win-a-Rink Video Contest! for your chance to win a rink like this! Information about contest in this Newsletter E-zine
We've been waiting all year for NOW! The 2013 - 2014 backyard ice rink season is finally here for many of us, and I'm looking forward to helping you build a "killer" rink in your own backyard.
Are you new to ice rink building?
Click here to begin planning for a new backyard ice rink
Are you an old pro? You might like to check out the pages listed under the topic, "Backyard Rink Stuff", on the ice-blue home page navigation bar.
Whatever you do, I hope you have a lot of fun this winter!
We'd Love to See YOUR Rink!
How did your rink fare in past seasons?
You and your family have put in a lot of effort and creativity into your backyard rink. It’s been a source of great pride.
How would you like to show it off to other members of our growing rink-building community? You can upload both photos and videos of your backyard ice rink at our rink community site. You can also post questions and join forum discussions with other rink builders.
We hope you and your family will enjoy participating at all levels!
Talking about participating, we're sweetening the deal for you...
mybackyardicerink.com's First Ever Win-a-Rink Video Contest!
For our new and regular members, mybackyardicerink.com will be hosting our first ever Win-a-Rink Video Contest!
Here is a perfect chance to show off your ice rink and win serious prizes at the same time!
The contest will work like this:
- First, you build a very cool backyard ice rink!
- Next, make a attention-grabbing video where a) you show your rink off and b) you let us know how mybackyardicerink.com, community.mybackyardicerink.com and its community members helped you with the building your rink!.
You can walk us through the building process, or you can show us all this in a fun game of 3-on-3 hockey? - whatever you think will make an entertaining and memorable video.
- Upload your video to both YouTube and to the mybackyaricerink.com Community website. (you must be a member - sign up here
- The deadline for submitting your video is JANUARY 10, 2014
- Entries will be judged by January 19, 2014.
- We will notify the three winners shortly thereafter!
The three most creative, original and artistic videos win. Most views and votes are not the main criteria. All submissions have an equal chance of winning, even those submitted on January 10, 2014!
Any Tips or Suggestions? Of course!...
- Make an original, creative and artistic video!
- The motto of the mybackyardicerink Community is "Help and be Helped!"
- Use sound.
What's My Prize??
mybackyardicerink.com is offering 3 prizes:
First Place: A complete, high-quality, 26'x34' NHL looking, outdoor hockey rink
- Panels: High-density white plastic, type HDPE UV treated, .440” thick, 2ft in height, attached to the frame.
- Framing: Aluminum (2" x 1" x 1/8" thick) with vertical beam
- Mounting: Bracket system for support 20” x 10”, with necessary concrete anchors included
- Gate for players: 48" door with opening 30"x39" inches, with stainless steel hinge system
- Handrail: High-density blue or red polyethylene, type HDPE UV treated
- Protective kick plate: High-density yellow polyethylene, type UV treated
Second Place: A 50'x10', Type N-300, protective hockey rink netting
- 1.50"x1.50” square mesh
- braided polyethylene
- black in color
- contoured border all around with twisted rope
- four (one at each end) 24" loose rope ends
- all treated U.V. Resistant
Third Place: A 30'x50' ice rink tarp
- 10x10 weave
- white in color
- 3.5 oz per square yard
- 6.5 mil. thickness
- 1.75 mil top and bottom white coating (weather resistant polyethylene coating)
- High Density Polyethylene Weave center layer
- 850 Denier
- Grommets spaced about 3' apart all around the perimeter
- UV Resistant
"Yes, I'd like to enter mybackyardicerink.com's first ever Win-a-Rink Video Contest!"
You can enter two different ways:
Once we have your request to enter the contest, you have until January 10, 2014 to upload your video.
- Contact us via the
- Send us an email to
directly and let us know:
is for anyone who loves winter and wants to create unforgettable moments by making an ice rink in your own backyard
Do you have hockey-ice running in your veins?
We’d love to hear from you.
Send us a picture, tell us your story, or drop us a line with your comments and questions.
Your Backyard Rink (http://www.mybackyardicerink.com/your-backyard-rink.html)
- for stories
Contact Us (http://www.mybackyardicerink.com/backyard-ice-rinks-contact.html)
- for questions and comments.
Opportunities for You to Share Pictures, Stories and Help or Be Helped
Like this e-newsletter?
There's lots of cool ways to share mybackyardicerink.com Ezine and mybackyardicerink.com with your friends!
It's almost November- Happy winter from your friends at www.mybackyardicerink.com
- Go to www.mybackyardicerink.com and 'like' us
- Plus, click Google's +1 button.
- Additionally, you can now leave Facebook comments for others to read at the bottom of each page!
- Lastly, forward this email to your friends!